A running list of all the little details that make living in Colombia so interesting.
- No one stops to let pedestrians cross the street. What happened to my right of way?
- In English, if you want to say shit in polite company you can say shoot instead. In Spanish shit=mierda and shoot=miercoles. Miercoles means Wednesday. “Oh Wednesday! I forgot my keys!”
- A friend told me today that when there’s an earthquake the weather changes. She sounded crazy and then the temperature dropped ten degrees. (February 6th, 2017)
- “La vida sin mujeres no es una vida” (Life without women isn’t a life) -10th grade boy when all the girls were gone from class for a sex-ed talk (March 30th, 2016)
- Hot dogs are usually served with melted cheese and little crispy potatoes on top. Plus, allllll salsas.
Notice something funny/interesting/different about Colombia? Submit an observation in the comments or tweet me @jackie_pauley